How to change permalink in WordPress
How to change Permalinks in WordPress?
First of all, we should know:
what is Permalinks?
Permalinks are the complete URL we see, copy, and share when we are sharing any post or video on your website.
What is the importance of Permalinks?
Permalinks are nothing but Permanent Links. These are important in two aspects
- SEO: One of them is Search Engine Optimization, Permalinks inform the search engines like Google, Bing etc., about your page i.e., what is your web page is about and it improves your page visibility and ranking. That’s why you should have a good permalink for your website.
- Usability: Permalinks are also important for usability, you can share permalinks to people on social media, and by looking at your Permalink people guess what is the post or page is about and it make the people to click and read the post in detail.
As Permalink are the permanent links. So you should be more cautious while using Permalinks. Don’t try to change the permalinks. If you change the permalinks then the results will be worse. Your website visibility and Ranking will be changed dangerously.
How to change Permalink in WordPress Website?
First Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and go to the settings. In settings, select Permalinks. Now you are on Permalinks Page. In WordPress, you can create custom URL structures as you want. So here you get different URL settings for your WordPress website.
1. Plain Permalink: In Plain Permalink, your permalink will be plain i.e., after your website name you will get p=123 like format.
Note: This Plain Permalink is not good for your website SEO.
2. Day and Name Permalink: The other one is Day and Name Permalink. In this type of permalink, after your website name, it will display the date with month and year then the post name. Some people suggest this type of Permalink but it is not the best way for your website SEO.
3. Month and Name Permalink: This one is same as the above, just you don’t have day in this permalink.
4. Numeric Permalink: Numeric permalink is similar to Plain permalink, the difference is, in the numeric permalink, you will have your website domain name then archives then post number.
This is also not a good practice for your website SEO.
5. Post Name Permalink: Post Name Permalink means you just have your post name after the domain name in your website URL.
This is the best way to keep your website permalink for your website SEO.
6. Custom Structure: WordPress provides you with custom structure also for your website Permalinks. You can play it around the options if you want some unique permalinks types.
Conclusion: So here we completed how to change or set permalinks in WordPress Website. Don’t forget to save after changing your WordPress Permalinks. Our selection is the 5th one i.e., Post Name Permalink is the best way to keep Your website URL.
We hope, this article helps you in editing or changing your Permalink. Do share if it is useful and comment your suggestions.
You must log in to post a comment.